SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ashlyn_hickman

Sisoo Trees struggling

Ashlyn Hickman
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi all! I am posting looking fo some help With my sisoo trees. We live in Arizona so it’s super hot here and this summer was a rough one. Our sisoos are only 2 years old. They’re currently struggling. I water them. I also use fertilizer like it says to help them. This is a picture of them. I was wondering if anybody might give some insight on what I might need to do.

one of them is getting yellow leaves and has leaves that are curling. Also it’s pods are becoming dark brown. The edges of some are burnt too. I’ve checked and I don’t see any mold Nor do I see any sign of bugs on the trunk or on leaves. We do have hard soil here so we condition it once every 3 months.

the other is also have the same issue. However it is larger than the other. It did go through a harsh winter last year and lost all greenery. It came back at the end of the spring and had tons of new growth.

any ideas on how to help these poor guys in a hard arizona desert. We unfortunately lost our Jacaranda and have to pull it this winter. 2 weeks of 116 was too much even with deep watering.

any advice is greatly appreciated. Our front yard Sisoo is thriving but it is 11 years old with very deep roots.

Comment

Sponsored
Yellowlite
Average rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars7 Reviews
Chicago's Leading Clean Energy & Solar Panel Provider