My kitchen is going through a big change tomorrow

jewels_ks

Tonight I have taking down all the stuff on my walls and the curtains and tomorrow the walls are changing! For the last 15 years my walls have been a dark red and tomorrow a primer will go on and then on Sunday a color called Wool Skein is going up. I'm getting rid of some of my decorations that I have above the cabinets. Tonight I put Old English on by cabinets just to make them look a little better. I'm going to get some knobs and pulls after the painting is done. I will take some before and after pics.

SaveComment15Like3
Comments (15)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
summersrhythm_z6a

Your kitchen would look bigger and brighter than before with Wool Skein color. Waiting for the pics. :-)

Save    
Lukki Irish

That’s going to be a really big change for you and I’m sure you’re going to love it when it’s done! I love those kinds of updates and look forward to seeing your pics!

Save    
Marilyn_Sue

Wonderful, I am very happy for you. Maybe pictures when you are finished?

Sue

Save    
sal 60 Hanzlik

would love to see pictures.

Save    
bpath

That will be so pretty! You know, of course, that for days afterwards you will walk into the kitchen just to admire it.

Save    
dedtired

It will be so nice and light! Yes, pictures would be great. By the way, if you ever plan to have your cabinets painted, don’t use wax or Pledge on them.

2 Likes Save    
Lucille

An exciting project!!! I hope all goes well with the timeline and that by next week you will have a beautiful refreshed kitchen!!

Save    
Yayagal

That's a lovely paint color, you must be excited.

Save    
Kathsgrdn

Can't wait to see the pictures! I'm in the middle of painting my kitchen. My daughter started it and then they had to brace the new porch roof and took out some drywall in the kitchen to do it, so waited for them to fix that. Now I have too much to do outside before the weather turns.

Save    
georgysmom2

Fun, fun, fun. Something positive during this crazy lifestyle. I'm happy for you.

Save    
nickel_kg

Before and after pic's, if you can? It sounds like a very satisfying project, it's nice when you can see a big change!

Save    
Save    
pudgeder

Exciting!! I hope you took "befores!"

Save    
lily316

That's the color of some of my kitchen cabinets. The others are a light moss green. Mixture of colors and traditional cabinet styles..shaker and raised panel. Walls white .Years ago I painted my living room red and got gasps from my mother in law. Put before and after shots. It's fun to change.

Save    
Elizabeth

I had a cranberry red in my kitchen for a while. The only painted areas are the soffits and one large arched doorway. It really popped. The cabinets were beige.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Kitchen Design Kitchen of the Week: Past Lives Peek Through a New Kentucky Kitchen
Converted during Prohibition, this Louisville home has a history — and its share of secrets. See how the renovated kitchen makes use of them
Full Story
Colorful Kitchens 4 Easy Elements to Change Your Kitchen’s Color Palette
Swap out these features to give your kitchen a fresher or more seasonal look
Full Story