SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
golddust

Tomorrow is the big day

golddust
12 years ago

We have finished the shower, installed a chair stair lift, emptied and painted two bedrooms; stored my dining and family room furniture in anticipation of moving my MIL into our home.

Tomorrow Aimee and I will make the journey to Santa Clara where we will start packing the beloved contents of MIL's house. We have two more family members who have agreed to help. Aimee and her cousin will help for two days before driving MIL's car back here. I will stay in Santa Clara to pack and share Easter dinner with family in San Jose. Then DH and my BIL will show up Sunday night, in time to pick up the rental truck and begin loading it..

I'm planning where to put her things so they can remain in the same configuration she is used to having them., like her family pics from her hallway will be installed in the stairway so she can see them as she is riding her stairs up and down.

She will have two closets, one very large and another of average size... It has been exhausting but somehow exciting to transition our home to accommodate her. I haven't moved in 23 years, so you can imagine the stuff I've been going through. If you have a big house, you fill it.

I am so lucky to have my new iPad to take with me. I can bear listening to just so many reruns of 'The Golden Girls'. I've never had a laptop so this iPad represents a big leap forward for me.

Off I go on another grand adventure in this wonderful life I lead. I'll post pictures of my newly decorated house when I can. Can Craftsman houses do Duncan Phyfe? We will see soon enough,

Comments (36)