Portable Induction cooktop, last day, Costco

sushipup1

This just caught my eye. A portable induction cooktop plus pan, under $80. No need to run out to Costco, you can order online (shipping included.

Nice deal. Would be perfect for the holidays if we all were planning big family dinners, but hey, you can use it anytime.

https://www.costco.com/.product.100431912.html?&EMID=B2C_2020_1016_HotBuysEnd

SaveComment23Like
Comments (23)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Judy Good

I use mine everyday, I love it.

Save     Thanked by sushipup1
Jasdip

I have mine sitting on a wooden cutting board over 2 burners of my stove. I use it all the time. I use the cutting board as a safety feature in case I accidentally turned on the stove, when I first got it.

I also use it out on the balcony

foodonastump

I’m tempted. I’ve always wanted one to play with, now throw in a useful sized pot at a low price... Sushipup I think you’re spending my money AGAIN.

1 Like Save     Thanked by sushipup1
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

An excellent addition to any kitchen. I do not have one as the single burner induction reviews are all over the place. A good friend and chef brought his to a BBQ a few yeas ago knowing I did not have an outdoor burner he needed for his recipe addition to the party.

Looks like a sweet deal.

Save    
sushipup1

I'm spending my own money, too. I ordered one to share with my DIL.

Save    
sleevendog (5a NY 6aNYC NL CA)

I agree FOAS. I have issues with disposable appliances if I get a lemon. Costco is return friendly but dislike using that privilege as so many take advantage.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by sushipup1
Elmer J Fudd

It's not clear to me how this can be useful, especially if placed on top of an existing range or countertop burners.

sushipup1

It's an extra burner, Elmer, and I certainly wouldn't put it on a range. But it would be super useful for large cooking events, or even as a warmer for a buffet.

Save    
Lars

I bought one many years ago (before we bought our Bertazzoni range) to see whether I would like induction cooking - I don't, except for use with my pressure cooker, as it needs to be on a burner for only a very specified amount of time. I have it on the counter next to my range, and yes it does take up counter space, of which I do not have an excessive amount.

gardengirl37232

I bought this as a present for my Mom a couple of years ago and bought one for myself last year. The pot is excellent, a great size and well made. The price has gone up each year but still a good value. My Mom used it all the time even on her stove without the induction burner. I use my induction burner on my counter, often for canning or other things. It is great to use for hot pot at the table. I also think it would also be great to use outside if you were going to do some frying.

Jasdip

I keep it out in the open, on my stove so that I can use it regularly. It heats my skillets and pots quicker because the element of the stove doesn't have to heat up first. I don't have the counter space to leave it on a counter.

liira55

It’s $134.99 in Canada. Was all set to order it from the link, but realized it was in the US.

joann_fl

My son gave me one about 5 years ago. I might have used it 3 times. It's good to have if you have a big family and need a extra burner. But for just me it takes up space.

Judy Good

It is only my DH and me and I use it everyday. I have a glass top stove and it sits on it perfectly. Heats up quick and even cooking. I love it. I have also moved to counter if I need another burner, with big gatherings.

Lukki Irish

I went to the link and it wasn’t found, the product is listed in the search for kitchen appliances but if you click it it’s still not available. :c(

Jasdip

I like that it's instantaneously responsive, like gas. I can have something come to a boil then right down to a bare simmer immediately, unlike my electric stove.

Elmer J Fudd

jasdip, google Gordon Ramsey and scrambled eggs to watch the typical technique of how a chef manages the heat in a pan.

It's simple, no secret - during the active cooking time, not when simmering unattended, you more the saucepan or skillet on and off the burner. That's as easy to do with an electric burner as with a gas one. I learned this some years ago and so long as the burners aren't all being used, it's really much easier than continually turning the heat level up and down.

Marilyn_Sue

I love mine! Most of the time I sit to cook and having a burner on a low table not in my kitchen works great. I actually have 3 of them. I just bought one at a barn sale with a cast iron griddle for $15.00. Two are NuWave and one is Copper Chef. I have plenty of pans that work on them.

Sue

Elmer J Fudd

PS, about the Gordon Ramsey video-

If you want to experience scrambled eggs at a whole new level, follow (in general) his technique of cooking them slowly, on low heat. It can take over 5 minutes when I do it. Even without adding creme fraiche, the result has a creamy rich flavor you can't imagine.
It's worth the extra time and effort. It's easy - some butter, low heat, no salt until the end, keep stirring and stirring. Use the best quality eggs you can find, that makes a difference too.

Annie Deighnaugh

We have one and have used it for party situations to keep food warm on a buffet. But the main reason we got it is for power outages. We have a generator, but our regular induction cook top isn't powered by it. But one of these will plug into the wall, so we can use it with the generator and have one regular burner anyway.

Also, the portable has a thermostat setting which my regular burners do not, so, like an electric frypan, it can maintain a specific temp for a long period of time.

Jasdip

Liira, if you're wanting one, mine is a Kuraidori from Home Hardware. It's 1800 watts and is both in temperature and wattage settings. 60-1800W or 160°-450°F.

It comes with a 3-yr warranty.

liira55

Edmonton doesn’t have a home hardware, but most of the small towns surrounding Edmonton do. I’ll check them out. Thanks for the recommendation.

Elmer J Fudd

"the portable has a thermostat setting which my regular burners do not,
so, like an electric frypan, it can maintain a specific temp for a long
period of time"

When do you find that feature to be useful? It's not clear to me what capability that adds.

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Housekeeping How to Care for Your Clothes to Make Them Last Longer
How you launder, store and dry your garments has an effect on their longevity. Here are 9 tips to extend their life
Full Story
Kitchen Appliances Find the Right Cooktop for Your Kitchen
For a kitchen setup with sizzle, deciding between gas and electric is only the first hurdle. This guide can help
Full Story
Organizing 7-Day Plan: Get a Spotless, Beautifully Organized Kitchen
Our weeklong plan will help you get your kitchen spick-and-span from top to bottom
Full Story