My bread machine is here!

Kathsgrdn

I knew it was on the way and thought it was supposed to be here tomorrow but it came today. I took some burgoo out of the freezer to eat with my first loaf. So excited. I hope I don't mess up the first loaf! I probably should go on Youtube and watch a video first, haven't seen one since I bought it in April. It came with a CD but my CD player on my computer is broken.

I just read the instructions on how long it takes, 3 hours and 40 minutes, which is a long time. I'm really hungry now.

SaveComment22Like
Comments (22)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Lucille

Congratulations and yippee!!!

Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
Kathsgrdn

Is there a reason most of the recipes have dry milk as an ingredient? What does the dry milk do for the bread. Have never used it in a regular bread recipe.

Save    
Rose Pekelnicky

The dry milk is in case you want to put the ingredients into the machine ahead of time, such as the night before and program it to start so the bread will be done when you wake up. Regular milk could spoil.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Kathsgrdn
hallngarden

You will have so much fun experimenting with your machine. Love the smell when it’s cooking.

Kathsgrdn

I decided to go out and get dry milk and bread flour. Never used bread flour before. I should have my first loaf in 3 hours and 35 minutes. lol It is the perfect night for home baked bread, though, cold and rainy. Supposed to get down to 38 tonight.

3 Likes Save    
cooper8828

I have a few recipes that call for dry milk. That's pretty much the only reason I have it. I would love to see a review when you get it finished. Happy eating!

nicole___

FYI I use powdered coffee creamer.

Kathsgrdn

34 minutes! The kitchen smells wonderful.

1 Like Save    
Lucille

Take your butter out of the fridge if it is not kept on the counter, so when the bread is ready it will be softer and easier to spread.

3 Likes Save    
Kathsgrdn

Lucille, didn't see your message before I ate the first slice, but thanks anyway. The bread was delicious!

3 Likes Save    
Marilyn_Sue

I never use dry milk, just regular but them I dump things in and start it up, don't put it on a delayed timer. Did you bake yours in the machine or in your oven?

Sue

Kathsgrdn

Marilyn Sue, the machine. Came out perfect.

Save    
bpath

Isn’t it delicious? Enjoy!

buccos4vr

Kath, what brand did u get ? I’ve been thinking of one also.

Save    
phyllis__mn

Oh, what fun you can have! I'm on my third machine, but never bake in it...prefer the oven. I have about three favorite recipes that are perfect, but often try another. Yesterday I made wild rice/cranberry bread and it made great toast this morning!

Ont_Gal

I don't use my machine as often as I should I suppose, but when I do, I LOVE to do a fruit loaf.....

Kathsgrdn

Zojirushi mini, buccos4vr.

1 Like Save    
Marilyn_Sue

I really love my bread machines for mixing and proofing the dough. I usually make a lot of dough and share bread or rolls with my kids. I have at times had 3 bread machines going at one time! I usually bake in the oven, but at times have baked in the machine.

Sue

arkansas girl

You are lucky to have gotten a good one! I was too cheap and got an Oster which is cruddy...HAHA! I have tried to bake in it so many times and each time, the bread is under cooked. Apparently, it just doesn't bake long enough. So now, I use it to mix and rise it but bake in the oven, I then get a great loaf.

sal 60 Hanzlik

mine is in the basement, maybe I'll bring it up.

2 Likes Save    
Kathsgrdn

I think I'll dig out my yeast bun recipe and make a small batch next week. I haven't made them in years because it's so much work. I just buy Sister Shubert frozen ones.

Save    
sjerin

Enjoy your new toy! I had one but gave it away after not using it for many years. As much as I adore fresh bread, I'm not such a weight that I can eat it guilt-free. However, if someone offered me a slice right now, I'd accept with alacrity!

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Design Pop Bakers’ Home Storage Tips for Sliced Bread’s 90th Birthday
In honor of the bread slicer’s debut in 1928, we offer the best bread storage tips since, well ... you get it
Full Story
Housekeeping It’s Time to Clean Your Gutters — Here’s How
Follow these steps to care for your gutters so they can continue to protect your house
Full Story
Pets Here’s How to Show Your Pet Even More Love
February 20 is Love Your Pet Day. Find all the ideas and inspiration you need to celebrate right here
Full Story