Makes me so sad.........

catherinet (5IN)

I've been struggling out of a bad depression, and this little guy hits the window this morning. I held him while he died. It was a beautiful little bird. Not sure what kind he is. Any ideas? Maybe young, maybe migrating. I'm so bummed. But I'm glad I could hold him while he died. Life can be a royal pain sometimes. :(

SaveComment5Like
Comments (5)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱

Looks like an ovenbird.

tj

Save    
catherinet (5IN)

I do believe you're right tsugajunkie! That design on the top of its head should have been a big hint to me. I think it's young, right? Funny, one of my favorite wildlife artists (Robert Bateman), said that the only time he'd ever seen them, was dead on the forest floor. My first one was dead on our deck! And now this one would have been dead on our porch. What a beautiful little bird. I set him/her next to my kitty and dog's graves. This little being was so very beautiful!

Thanks again tsugajunkie.

1 Like Save    
tsugajunkie z5 SE WI ♱

Fortunately I occasionally get to see them rutting through debris in my yard as they migrate north and south.

tj

Save    
djacobz568sewi

You can put decals of butterflies on your windows which the birds perceive them as predators (I believe) and they will avoid the window. I have had them hit my windows before I used the decals but thankfully they were only momentarily stunned. So sorry he died.

debra

Save    
catherinet (5IN)

Thanks djacob. Actually, I had something on the window it ran into, but maybe it wasn't big enough. I'll look at what's available for the windows. Usually the birds that fly into the windows are just stunned. This one must have hit it just right (or wrong).....Sure was a sweet-looking thing. Thanks again.

1 Like Save    
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More