SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pcxt

Floor plan feedback

pcxt
3 years ago

Hi, we are closing in on a final floor plan, so I figured I’d share it here so it can be torn apart and make us feel terrible! Kidding! (Kinda).

Is there anything obviously wrong that you see here? The current plan is pretty much sitting with all 4 corners at the lot setbacks (slightly angled 0.25acre lot). We would have liked a slightly deeper back patio, but it is on the rear setback. There will be a concrete pad about the same size as the covered patio to give us additional seating area, somewhere for the grill, etc.

We do wish there was a powder room for guests, but honestly we rarely have guests, and couldn’t find something we’d be willing to give up in exchange.

I know many here don’t like master closets accessed through the bathroom, but we do prefer it. We had this setup in our last house and loved being able to get ready in the morning without disturbing the other.

The rec room will have a wet bar / raised bar area, pool table and sofa/TV area.

Note: the closet in the mud room is being removed to make room for a larger bench/hooks.

Thanks!

Comments (22)