SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
maddybeagle

Anybody have pot lid storage in pantry rollouts?

maddybeagle
3 years ago

I've been puzzling over storage for lids, especially the half dozen or so that are in very high frequency usage.* It suddenly occurred to me: maybe upright lid divider-holders could be fitted to the inside of one of the rollout doors in my pantry cupboard. My stove wall will have the following components, L-R:

24" w x 24" deep tall pantry with rollouts – 27" base cabs w/drawers – range – 27" base cabs w/drawers (and then it'll meet the other wall of the L-shaped kitchen).

...so lids in the pantry could be within easy reach of the stove at an easy height to see and grab. If I didn't have to worry about drawers deep enough to hold my larger lids vertically, I'd have more room for shallower drawers either side of the stove for things like utensils, spices, etc.

Anybody done this? It seems like any inserts designed for base cab rollouts should also work inside pantry rollouts, right?

*NB: I know there is a vocal constituency here in favor of storing lids on their own pots. I hear you, but that is not me. A lot of my lids work on several pots and I'd far rather look at my array of lids, stored upright, and choose the right one for the occasion than store each on a pot it goes with, plus many pots will be nested inside each other in drawers.

Comments (6)