SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lindsay_c52

Edited below for more questions. Kitchen wainscot or ship lap help!

Lindsay Creel
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Hi everyone!

I am looking to add some interest to our kitchen but I am unsure how to do it. I was hoping to do either a wall of ship lap or wainscoting. Our largest wall we could do ship lap, but it connects to the hallway opening and then to another wall. Would we only do the largest wall or need to carry it over to the next wall? If we did ship lap or wainscoting would we need to do all the walls in the kitchen? Would wainscoting be smarter so then we don't have to worry about carrying the ship lap over the hallway entrance? There are other small walls on the opposite side of the room of the large wall. I am leaning towards wainscoting and wondering if all the walls should be done. I hope this is making sense :) I have added pictures below. Thank you so much for your time!

This is our large wall I would like to add ship lap or wainscoting to:

Here is the wall that connects to the large wall (which is on the left). The opening to a hallway and a play room. Wondering if ship lap would need to be carried across the top of the hallway wall and then down these walls. If we do wainscoting, would you do these small walls in addition to the large wall.

This shows how the walls connect. Large wall to the left. Possibly a piece of trim and the top to stop the ship lap?

Here are the smaller walls opposite the big wall. Would we need to do ship lap over here? Wainscoting over here?

Sorry. I can't figure out how to reply to one person. I have added more photos below. The brick is a fireplace. Any suggestions on what type of lighting over the kitchen table to go with our island lights?

Comments (14)