SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
hcvande

Gutter Color Advice - Facades Are Different!

hcvande
3 years ago

We have a one-story 1980['s ranch with a brick front and three sides of textured siding. We are having the gutters and fascia boards replaced, and the house painted. I'm having so much trouble with the gutter/downspout color. Is white (Linen) the right way to go?

The front is a very busy brick and we're using BM Chelsea Gray on the garage siding, garage door, and beams around the windows (it's west facing so it becomes muddier than some Chelsea Gray exteriors). On the other three sides we're using BM Cape May Cobblestone - which is also a muddy gray.

I could go with a gray gutter that matches the Chelsea Gray - but there really isn't anything tying to the Chelsea Gray on the other three sides. We have fairly new white windows, so I was planning to use BM White Dove for the soffits. The fascia boards will be covered by the 6" gutters and there are gutters all the way around the base of the roof.

There is a Linen gutter option I'm thinking of - so we don't introduce any more colors??

If we did Linen gutters would you go with Linen downspouts or paint them the BM Cape May Cobblestone so they blend into the siding?

Also...would you paint the trim around the garage door Chelsea Gray or White Dove?

(We removed the railing and added some new plants in the front bed [and the chairs don't usually face that direction.)

Any suggestions? Thank you!

Comments (14)