SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Some fall scenes and a rebel seedling

celeste/NH
3 years ago

It has been DRY, dry, dry here all summer long, with our drought monitor in the SEVERE category. My poor plants have suffered terribly so there will be no posts about late bloomers. The plants look too pathetic for picture-taking. It has been frustrating to watch the weather reports of all the rain going south of here and how some states were flooding, while we couldn't get a single rain event. I do landscaping part-time and at all my jobs when I dig down 2 feet to plant trees and shrubs the ground is bone dry. Wells have been going dry all summer so I could very rarely water anything. It is not good for plants to be so stressed going into winter. I hope I don't have many losses.

The foliage is not as vibrant as usual due to the drought but there is some. At the request of our friend Kate.....here are some scenes worth posting:

I had a hiking date with my oldest grandson and the views atop the mountain normally would be unobstructed and clear....but there is a haze from the California wildfires. It's hard to believe it would be seen this far across the country but it goes on the jet stream. These are scenes from the mountain summit:

Comments (10)