SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eggsmom

HELP! residing 70s shed style contemporary

Katie
3 years ago

We just bought this house with the knowledge that it needs new siding and windows. The cedar hasn’t been well maintained and is in tough shape. We need better insulation and would like siding that animals and insects aren’t attracted to.

We think we would like a wide board and batten above the big trim and a wide lap or stone (if affordable) below the trim. The products that look most appealing so far are Everlast composite with Cedar Renditions from Royal for trim, or maybe TruCedar steel siding. Most vinyl B&Bs are too narrow. LP Smart Side would let us place the battens the ideal width of 14-16” apart, but it requires painting.

I’d love to hear other ideas and opinions about how to work with this style of home. I love all the light of the big picture windows and siding glass doors that it has all over, but I would like more ventilation. My own style preference leans toward cozy cottage more than sleek modern but I don’t want to attempt to make the house something that it’s not. We’re also a one income family with a limited budget. This is the only house like it on the block in central PA. Thanks for your thoughts!

Comments (3)