SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
krista_gorsuch

Alternatives for cedar siding on 1970's shed style contemporary?

Krista Gorsuch
3 years ago

I have a 1970's shed style house with cedar siding. With the cost of lumber at a ridiculous high right now, estimates just to band-aid repair some of the rotten wood and re-paint the entire thing to match old and new wood are coming in as high as 20K. I'm wondering if I wouldn't be better off just to re-side the entire house in an alternate product like Hardie Board or KWP Eco-Side Engineered Wood. Waiting on estimates for both options. Any other product suggestions? Also I'm considering doing all vertical and in a monochrome dark color. The new front door is Sherwin Williams Sealskin which is a deep brown-black. That was a color I was playing with, along with SW Urbane Bronze, for the entire exterior. I thought with the dark brown fence and warm toned stone that might be a better decision than my original idea to go black. (But then I found an inspiration pic of black next to warm toned stone & it looks good, in my opinion. So I'm torn.) I included a few pics of my house and the inspo pic. Suggestions please for alternatives to cedar siding, exterior colors and if I should go all vertical?

Comments (3)