SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_997033148

October eye candy: 'Frosty Cherry'

Back in May I just had to have more, and browsed a few recommended sources. I ordered a couple plants from Violet Barn, including this Russian. I knew nothing Russians, I just picked some stuff that suited my fancy.

'Frosty Cherry' arrived in bud, but only one of those buds made a stab at opening - unsuccessfully - and the rest just dried up. I was really disappointed. I think that traveling in bud seems to be hard on AVs. I haven't had many arrive in bud that have been able to follow through. Or maybe my environment is too different and they need time to adjust.

Anyway, I've been waiting since June for Frosty Cherry to come into flower, because there were some tiny little promises hiding in the deep down dark. Here she is, at long last. Just one flower so far, but more buds are swelling and there are four stems and still more "promises" inside. I hope I can bring them all into a state of exuberance. Meanwhile what glory. (I'm easily pleased.) People aren't uploading a lot of photos lately, so I thought I would put this out there. By the way, the original photo is focused pretty well: you can see the shine and hairs on the petals. Must be something about uploading that blurs out the details.

Feel free to share more eye candy. :)

Comments (21)