SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
pmosier61

Ice Water Stone Fire (and more) — Take 3

Sofia
3 years ago

Still refining plans for our new construction kitchen (plus dining and living rooms) and looking for some critical eyes on new ideas. First photo is architect’s original version. Second photo is my take on a revision.

We want a range top and double wall ovens instead of a range. To achieve this, I removed the island and added walls on the north side of the kitchen.

Note that these walls could be moved out two more feet, but then there would be 8 feet between the north and south walls and that seems like a bit much.

I’m also proposing that these new walls be 8 feet high, so they won’t go all the way to the ceiling. Kitchen ceiling will be 9 feet and DR ceiling will be vaulted from west to fifteen feet on east wall.

I added:

• ledge to the window wall (east) for growing herbs.
  • pony wall to divide DR and LR visually. Planning to add storage underneath for dining linens and bar. Maybe a beverage fridge?
  • architectural screen to LR west wall to help the room feel a bit more enclosed without closing it off

Ran out of room on graph paper. At far north end is gas fireplace with TV above.

I’m trying to keep a semi-open feel while avoiding the visual clutter of looking out over an open sea of seating (island stools, dining chairs, sofa and chairs).

Any suggestions for improving this plan? Do you see any hard no’s?

Comments (20)

Sponsored
Fourteen Thirty Renovation, LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars23 Reviews
Professional Remodelers in Franklin County Specializing Kitchen & Bath