tooth whitening toothpaste

sal 60 Hanzlik

Have you used it and does it work? I just bought some so time will tell--supposed to lighten 10 shades haha

SaveComment9Like
Comments (9)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
OutsidePlaying

It works somewhat, but I cannot use it on a daily basis so don’t buy it anymore. It causes a reaction with the skin inside of my mouth. Doesn’t make it raw or anything, but it’s just unpleasant.

Save    
Bookwoman

Whitening toothpaste can appear to whiten teeth slightly by removing surface stains, such as those caused by drinking coffee or smoking. However, whitening toothpastes can't change the natural color of your teeth or lighten a stain that goes deeper than a tooth's surface. https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/adult-health/expert-answers/whitening-toothpaste/faq-20058411
You'll have better and faster results using something like Crest Whitestrips.

Save    
chisue

Very few of my teeth have not been repaired in some way. I also have several crowns and a bridge. I think they'd all turn different shades of 'white'. (No fluoride in the water when I was young.)

Save    
Raye Smith

Better look at the ingredients of that toothpaste. Many now contain fluoride, triclosan and artificial sugars. I use either all natural toothpaste or just go with baking soda. All my checkups (every 6 months) end with congratulations on how clean and plaque free my teeth are.

Save    
Bookwoman

Triclosan can contribute to mouth ulcers if you're prone to them, but what's wrong with fluoride?

Save    
matthias_lang

When I used one of those whitening toothpastes (I think the active ingredient was some version of sodium phosphate--very reactive), the skin in my mouth peeled off. Tried a couple more times with the same effect.

Save    
ded_tired

I use Colgate Optic White. I notice a slight difference, nothing dramatic.

Save    
OutsidePlaying

Matthias, exactly what happened to me. It wasn't irritating to my mouth, but I definitely noticed it.

Save    
Raye Smith

Learn some about the issues with fluoride:

http://fluoridealert.org/articles/50-reasons/

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Bathroom Design The Family Home: 8 Easy Tips for an Organized Bathroom
If your bathroom has that hit-by-a-hurricane look that tends to come with kids, sort things out with these tried and true ideas
Full Story
Bathroom Design Should You Get a Recessed or Wall-Mounted Medicine Cabinet?
Here’s what you need to know to pick the right bathroom medicine cabinet and get it installed
Full Story
Organizing How to Keep Your Bathroom Organized
After making sure that everything has a place, tie your daily once-over to an existing habit
Full Story