SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
jill_rettinger

help needed with use/placement of sconces by bed

jill rettinger
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am so excited to be seeking everyone's help after reading the advice that has been given in the past. I am just starting to decorate what was a very bare-bones master bedroom. I just completed the paintings above the bed (very low ceiling - 7.5 feet; pictures about 5 inches from ceiling and 4 inches from top of bed frame - maybe too big but I can't change them now), and was considering whether I could use these decorative wall scones on each side of the bed. If yes, where should they go in relation to the paintings and headboard. The bed is King sized and the placement is such that there is more space on one side than the other. My plan is to change out the bed-side tables - the dark wood one is too wide and the other is too narrow (I'm working on getting hubby's agreement) and I was thinking of doing something white-wash with a wood top, and also getting a small lamp for each table - something with a round base and in clear glass or blue ceramic). The scones have a glass casing and I will just put a thick white candle in them. My question is: are the scones okay for the space; will it look weird to have the scones and then lamps; if it's okay to use the scones, where should they be placed? Thanks in advance! P.S. I know the light is hideous - looking for a decent flush or semi-flush mount.

Comments (12)