SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
eganas

Shading solution for kitchen sliding glass doors

Elaine
3 years ago

I'm desperate for a shading treatment on my sliding glass doors. The sun is fading our hardwood floors, and we should also have something in place for security reasons.

The doors are seen from all angles from my main floor, and as soon as you enter my home. You can walk straight into my front door, directly through the kitchen to these doors. I have a great room. We are in and out of those doors often, and it's kept open 90% of the time. We live in our backyard on the weekends.

I have 2 different sets of custom Hunter Douglas blinds, both made within the past 5 yrs (since owning the home). One is beige and was made before we considered knocking down walls for the remodel, plus to match our furniture and once beige stone fireplace (which is now gray). The other one is medium/dark gray to coordinate with our new classic gray walls.

I appreciate any thoughts on curtains vs vertical blinds (blah), and any bonus comments on suggested window treatments maybe above the kitchen window to add a little something. Thank you.

Comments (4)