SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
vervelife

Kitchen Layout help - Contemporary home - new construction

Rachel (Zone 7A + wind)
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

After building our "dream home" and being very active on this forum in 2015, we've relocated. Haha. I miss my kitchen SO much. It really was perfect. The layout was planned on this forum down to the cabinet and drawer configuration for each item we stored. It's a sad day being in a rental with no consideration for kitchen layout. I'm losing my mind on inefficiency.

We're moving forward on a very contemporary project in a semi-arid climate. We've purchased a view lot and are working on a scratch design with an architect.

I'm struggling with the kitchen layout and we are at the point where I need to finalize at least the door locations as we are moving into the exterior envelope and elevation next week. Ignore that there are no windows/doors right now, that'll all be covered as we draw the exterior.

I've attached what we are working with now and the relevant adjacent rooms for flow considerations.

On the wall (top) where the cooktop currently has been drawn, I would like to do no uppers with a window to the countertop. This leaves only one wall where we can have full-height appliances. I'm wondering if I need to make the peninsula an island to make everything fit or reconsider and have upper cabinets and lose those windows (or at least some of them). The ceiling is 9' and there are bedrooms above this area.

List of appliances we are looking to place:

• 36" cooktop - induction, a high CFM hood, and a pot filler - cannot go on the island/peninsula for safety reasons.
  • 30" refrigerator and a 30" freezer
  • Dishwasher
  • Single basin sink - 30' wide
  • Under counter ice-maker
  • Prep sink
  • Insta-hot
  • Coffee station
  • Microwave (we prefer a drawer-style)

All appliances will be panel-ready and we will do all drawers on the lowers.

The square at the top of the screen print at the bottom is the pool and we will have an outdoor kitchen which is why I think the counter height window will be great for entertaining. If I do a casement there + a double-hung with no screen we can open the double-hung as a pass-through and have a counter on the other side of the top wall as part of a small galley kitchen outside (grill + bev. fridge only).

Main floor for flow:

blank canvas:

Comments (8)

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!