SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
richie_lein

Any advice on painting this living room/loft with wood beams/accents?

Richie
3 years ago

Will be moving into our first home shortly and we are looking to do some painting on the interior prior to move-in.

We love the wood accents in the home, and while the current clean white paintjob is nice, we were thinking that an accent color could be a nice touch.

The images show the Living Room and up into the loft, to show that the large wall is continuous up to that area.

There is an image also of a quick mock-up of the areas we were thinking of accenting with a color (currently leaning SW Cascades, just due to how it plays with the color of the wood.)

The third image is the view from the loft, showing how high the vaulted ceiling and continuous wall are.

I also added an image of the wall opposite the entry, looking down from the loft, showing the fireplace in case that gives any ideas as well.

The elevation with the stairs is the southern wall, so lots of light coming in from that side, in the case that affects opinions!

I know it's not a lot to go on, but any recommendations for colors or where to apply colors to accent the space would be greatly appreciated.

I know I don't have a floorplan, but currently furniture is waiting as we figure out the walls!

Thanks in advance!

Comments (7)