SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
mary_chieppor

HELP with master bath and closet design!!

Mary Chieppor
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I am closing in on a final mudroom/bathroom design and I'd love your input. :) I've gotten so many good ideas from you guys and I'm hoping you'll over suggestions/feedback. The house we are renovating is a 1927 historic home. I have currently torn down most of the walls between the mudroom and bathroom (it was a 1970's addition!!) so I have a lot of flexibility with the layout but didn't want to move the backdoor.

I'm not sure if I like 2 openings in the family room leading to those area's - one hallway going to the master and the other going to the mudroom. Is there a better more efficient way to do this? the hall leading to the master bedroom seems like wasted space. I want to be able to at least access the closet from there so I don't need another door in the bedroom or the bathroom. the house is small so trying to utilize every bit of it. I also need a closet in the mudroom somewhere for coats, etc. There are windows that I didn't draw in on the east and west side of the bedroom essentially taking up most of wall space.

Essentially there are no walls right now in the area of the bathroom, closet, powder room, and mudroom. The wall is still up between that area and the bedroom and also family room and kitchen.

Comments (12)