SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
northlandyogi_mi5a

In Search of Climbing Roses

northlandyogi_mi5a
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I've received lots of great recommendations and inputs from this Forum and thank you! I've already gone too far in ordering as a newbie, so I might as well go a little more. The hole is endless anyways ;-) Now I'm searching for three climbing roses. I hope they could be hardy, vigorous, disease-resistant, long and proliferate bloomers.

Location1: full sun, front arbor. I plan to put one on each side, It should be as nearly thorn- less as possible. white or white blend. A color that is soft and white enough to blend well with the light pink, purple, white, and yellow.

Location2: Two climbers for partial shade and west facing location. Prioritize on fragrance and long/heavy blooming. Color is less important.

I'm looking at Ice-berg CL, Isabella Skinner(Victoria Memory), Cecile Brunner(CL) ,

For location2: Lady Of Shalott and John Davis are not the first choice in color but if they perform well, I can surely use something to increase my success rate.

I am in USDA 4 but winter temperature is more like Zone 5. We have tons of snow and short and mild growing season. Thank you!

Comments (8)