SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
rachelfr

Need help choosing sofa fabric in a new addition!

Rachel
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I need to furnish an empty family room, with dark hardwood floors, and medium toned gray walls (green-blue undertone). I don't like the wall color, because it's limiting & dreary, but it ties in well with my kitchen colors. I want to stay neutral, because we're going for a modern farmhouse, & I like neutral. We're getting a large sectional. See the pictures below. My sister pasted a light gray sofa & a dark gray sofa into the room, just to see the color. The sofa would be a lot larger than these. I'm not a fan of the dark gray, because the sectional will be so large (5 sections/2 of which are chaise). Light gray or white upholstery would look nice, but I worry about dirt & stains; DH eats & lives on the sofa. Trying to match the walls, so the couch blends, would be hard. The walls look a little greener in the picture then they actually are. The kitchen is on the left. It has bright white cabinets, & black soapstone countertops. I'm considering dark brown leather, but good leather costs twice as much, and my DH doesn't think it would be comfortable. And we plan to get a dog. I guess a dog's nails could puncture & scratch leather. What to do?! Suggestions would be so appreciated!

Comments (8)