SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tonya_petri

Home Office Needs HeLp

Tonya Petri
3 years ago

Hello Houzz Pros! Looking for advice, alternate layouts, a Plan for this room that is our office, den, overflow guest space. What I need is a comfortable work space so I can work from home full time. ( I am set up at the end of my dining room table and while the view is great, I hate seeing work all the time. ) Should you accept this challenge - we need to convince my left brain, engineer husband that we know what we are talking about. Luckily he can be bought with good beer or bourbon but has NO Vision. His stance right now is "nothing in front of the window" - I suggested the possibility of adding a desk return there so I can daydream while working, sigh.

Needs:

1. replace or add desk space. The Mac is our personal device and I will need to add an additional monitor, hopefully at least a 32"+ curved display rather than 2 smaller units.
  2. comfortable and attractive desk chair; I have the one I brought from work but it's your standard faux leather office chair in black
  3. protect floor from said chair
  4. more lighting ? ( there are 4 can lights and south facing window ) I also have another matching table lamp that can be brought in.

I am looking for a room that I would enjoy spending the day on the computer in and right now, facing the wall just isn't speaking to me. The wiring is behind the desk but I think we could hide cable under rugs and furniture if the desk moves to somewhere else.

The couch is a Lazy Boy sleeper and must stay. The coffee table and rattan storage box are slated to sell or donate. Sewing trestle; ugh, hate the top and am open to either sprucing it up or removing it from my life. Room is in painted SW: Latte, trim: Pure White, ceiling: Divine White and flooring is a dark(er) engineered hardwood. I am not in love with Latte but I am saving that fight for our master bedroom ( which will likely be another thread ) Reframing the prints above the couch is also on the to-do.

I consider most of my decor leanings to be Coastal Farmhouse and I like old stuff too.

Super small desk but it's perfect for our home needs.

South facing window

1 SQUARE = 6"

I believe we can get away with using the 93 inches on that wall because the only time both doors are opened is for moving furniture in and out and 90 seems sufficient for that task.

Comments (5)