SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
ded_tired

Desk delivered broken. How to get satisfaction from seller?

Ded tired
3 years ago

I bought a desk online from officefurniture.com . I usually have a rule that I will not buy furniture sight unseen but this one was just the right size and COVID and all that. The company I ordered from is in Wisconsin. Unbeknownst to me, the desk had to be shipped all the way from CA. via Fedex. I could trace the delivery and it had to have changed hands five times by the time it made it to me.

The delivery guys carried two heavy boxes up a flight of stairs to my home office/ guest bedroom. As soon as they left I started to unpack it, no easy job. It weighs a ton. It came in basically three parts, the top and two pedestals.

wouldnt you know that a wooden slat that runs between two drawers was broken and there was a noticeable ding in one drawer. Aaaaargh.

i immediately called customer service and they nicely said they would contact their vendor and that the vendor would most likely send a new pedestal to replace the damaged one. I emailed pictures of the damage. The vendor is Winners Only in Vista, CA.

That was on August 21st, so twelve days ago. I have called the CS person twice since then and emailed. She said she was still trying to get an answer from the vendor. I am fed up with her and what feels like her half-hearted attempts to settle this.

The damage could easily be repaired but I did not pay for a scratch and dent item, I paid full price which with shipping was $1,100. I would be satisfied to repair the desk and take a deep discount.

I feel like I have to kick up my efforts to get this settled. But what? What should my next step(s) be? I have been polite so far but feel like the only way I am going to get any action from them is to be a PITA. Any ideas?

Comments (9)

Sponsored
Mary Shipley Interiors
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars32 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 10x Best of Houzz