SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
totallyblessed_gw

am I the only one afraid of buying from private sellers??

totallyblessed
15 years ago

This may be slightly OT, but I thought I'd ask my GW friends and get your take.

I am afraid of CL. I LOVE the idea of CL. I like the idea of recycling previously loved items by purchasing from someone who is done with them and is ready to move on. Seems like a win/win.

However, I would not be comfortable going in a strangers home to look at their items they are selling. Say they are selling an office set, and it's in their home. I would never want to step foot in a strangers home, let alone go down a hallway to see it in their office, if that is still where it is located.

Does anyone else feel this way?? Am I the only one? I want some of those good deals. But I guess I'm too chicken. What do you do when you buy/look at items from CL. Do you make them bring the items outdoors? LOL! Do you typically go in their homes?

Maybe you can enlighten me so that I can get over my fears, and try finding some of these bargains. I don't have any good local sources for used items. So if I want to find things to refinish, etc. it seems I'll have to try CL. Please win me over to the other side!! ;o)

Comments (32)