SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
tj_plunkett

Can I use a 3/4" diam downrod in a ceiling fan that uses 1" diam?

TJ
3 years ago

I required two fans for my new back deck. To mount, I required 45 deg slope kits and 48 inch length down rods. I found a great deal on clearance Kichler fans, slope kits and downrods. The slope kit and downrods were all just 40 dollars and made it to the house. The kichler fans though got canceled as the remaining stock sold out. I found a Hampton Bay, North Pound 52nch outdoor on Home Depot for 85 bucks that said it was 'compatible' with 3/4 inch diameter downrods. The Hampton Bay fan arrives and it is 1 inch diameter on the fan housing. The 3/4 inch diameter downrod I have will connect to the Hampton Bay fan housing but of course it is a loose fit due to the inside bore is larger than 3/4 inch. I can use the two screws that are in the fan housing bore to better secure it but is that enough? Anyone came across similar situation? Do they make a donut type adapter to buy and make the connection more rigid? Welcome recommendations as could not find anything on net. Called HD and no return calls yet.

thanks in advance

Comments (6)

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH