SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_647860647

Shoji White with knotty pine paneling?

V Smith
3 years ago

I’m trying to choose a white paint color for our family room. It doesn’t get much natural light. Right now I am only painting the wall above the paneling/wainscoting (first picture). The rest of the room does not have paneling and is currently wallpapered with a light beige wallpaper that will eventually be removed. The carpet is a pink beige. This room has a several different wood tones, with some rough hewn pine on one side of the room along with dark stained doors. It also has a red and black brick wood stove surround. I need a paint color that will work with all the different fixed elements as I cannot change any of them right now.

My husband likes SW Shoji White. I like Shoji White, but I’m not sure if it’s the right white for this room. Our main level is painted a cream, close to SW Creamy in color, and I’ve thought about continuing it down here, but maybe that’d be too much yellow. Whatever paint color I use for the family room will be visible along with the Creamy in the stairwell (hard to explain but I’ve added a picture of the stairwell). Would Shoji White be a good choice for this room, or is there another white I should consider? The current paint color looks like a true white to me.

Comments (12)