SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
welkin555

White washing knotty pine walls and high beam ceiling

welkin555
5 years ago
last modified: 5 years ago

I live among redwood trees not at the beach but only 20 minutes from the beach in Northern California. I am sick of the cabin look chalet style home especially in my living room. My husband almost broke his back putting in the wood floors years ago that are oak with a beautiful rich pine stain. I want to either paint everything white or white wash all the knotty pine and maybe do an accent color on the high ceiling wood beams but need to leave the floors alone. I love the grayish vintage wood look as well but am not sure if that is called a whitewash? My issue is I am not sure if these colors will match the floors and the light cherry wood built in bookcase? I do have 2 living room walls on the small side that are plaster that are painted a Southwestern color that i want to get rid of as well. Also, will it look funny to have a beach house look in the redwoods with wood floors? I think it will lighten the room up and make it look larger? I do have two skylights in the living room and a floor to ceiling stone fireplace with Anderson glass sliding wood doors.. Can you please advise? I can also be reached at wjelkin@gmail.com.

Thanks very much! Wendy

Comments (25)