SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
davis_jones

Bluestar Double Electric Oven question

Davis Jones
3 years ago

It has been a while since I graced these forums but need has once again reared it's head and after searching through all the posts I could find figured it was time to again ask the experts here!

I'll spare the long story but our fisher and paykel (came with the house we bought) double oven needs to be replaced. I've been reading about various ovens, seen a few in person, and seem to be eliminating a lot versus adding to the mix.

The end goal.. an oven that will last more than 8 years, will be able to be fixed if it does break, and in between one that can cook reasonably well (hold temperature, evenly heat, etc). Most of the posts about Bluestar are about the ranges or gas cooktops so I am seeking user experience regarding their electric wall ovens. We most likely will not buy the French door style but user comments from those are welcome. The built in stone is interesting and I have read they are designed to hold a full sized baking tray (small thing maybe but sometimes those are the things that irk you).

Seeking information on how well they cook, what they do well, etc. They aren't cheap so they need to do something right. GE monograms are about half the price (but Chinese company owned now). A really nice thermador is also significantly less priced.

Anything you can provide regarding your bluestar oven is appreciated. We were considering Wolf as well but the lawsuits, etc and seeing many discussions on uneven baking and a lot of complexity here and there have cooled me somewhat to wanting to spend nearly $9K on one. Thanks!

Comments (41)