SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
sandchicken1984

Kitchen Renovation Layout Thoughts

Dave H
3 years ago

Hi everyone! I think I am getting near the finish line on at least my layout and wanted to see if anyone had any opinions before I start thinking about ordering cabinet frames and appliances. This kitchen was a bit challenging due to all of the misaligned doorways but I tried to make it work the best I could think of. Also the range must be against the wall as currently shown as that wall is the only place in the room with ventilation access for the range hood.

The part I am most unsure of is the wall with the refrigerator/sink/dishwasher. The refrigerator will be a 36 inch french door (currently thinking Sub Zero) and I would ideally like a 36 inch sink cabinet. To the left of the sink is a 15 inch waste drawer cabinet and to the left a 24 inch dishwasher. That leaves room for one more 24 inch cabinet of some kind. Doing this lets me center the sink in the window, but leaves 3 inches between the left of the refrigerator and the wall. For some reason the IKEA model shows what looks like 3 inch thick moulding which will not be the case. I measured from this point and could still open the door about 101 degrees and the handle easily clears the adjacent door frame, which extends about 11 inches beyond the front of the refrigerator. I also left 3/4 inch to the right of the refrigerator for a panel and door clearance.

So I guess just looking for opinions on the basic layout, and thoughts on the left door of the refrigerator being restricted to about 101 degrees. Any opinions and/or guidance is appreciated.

Thanks!

Comments (81)