SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
gretchen_montgomery

Main Flooring Question . . . Porcelain Tile or LVP?

We recently moved to Florida from Virginia. We are in the process of building a luxury home in the Tampa area. I would like to run the same flooring throughout the entire main floor (foyer, kitchen, laundry, den, etc.) with the exception of the bedrooms, which will be carpeted. Would we be better off using porcelain tile or luxury vinyl plank? I have currently chosen a neutral-colored 12x24 tile (see below, first picture). We plan to lay LVP upstairs in the club room and hallways (second picture). Would it make more sense to run the same LVP on the main floor as well?

Our home in VA had an engineered hardwood on the main floor that I loved, but after two years it was completely scratched up thanks to our dogs, and I vowed to never have hardwood floors again! Hardwood also seems pretty impractical in FL due to the weather. I considered wood-look tile, but our builder can't guarantee the grout lines won't be minimal, so I worry it would look awful!

The first picture is the porcelain tile we are considering - Olympia Tile Deluxe in White. The second picture is the LVP we are considering - Mannington Adura Max Dockside in Driftwood.

Comments (10)