SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lyfia

Floorplan review please

lyfia
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

Wonder if you all would be willing to provide suggestions so we can get all changes we want/need in to the architect as between the last payment and the one that is now due, not much changed and did not incorporate all the things we had discussed last time and now we have another payment to make because he is ready to place furniture and start on the other drawings. These are still missing windows and we didn't get elevations with them although there are not huge changes besides the last ones missing windows and had a different entry. We are a family of three (a tween) and have guests from overseas that will stay for a few weeks when they visit.

The letters and numbers are things I've noted or have questions about. I feel there is a lot of wasted space with the hallways and now we will have double duty hallways walking on one side of the dining/living/kitchen as well as on the other side where the entry is and lots of wasted space between letters A and H.

The pics won't upload in this post so I will try to put it in the comments below.

1st floor

A. The entry still appears to be odd to me, but better than previous version.

B. The way this hallway is the cabinetry will need to be cut short early along the wall to avoid a pinch point. This seems like the best area for the refrigerator layout wise, but would make it even tighter.

C. pool bath is 7x12 seems way too large and doors are odd into it. (also used for our visitors bath)

D. Not a fan of the entry into the bedroom. Seems so open and right across from the mudroom.

E. Too large

F. Should the stairs have open railings or be enclosed with walls like they appear to be.

G. Second hallway which also causes furniture placement to be off in the living room and squished off center.

H. Not liking the closet arrangement here. Not sure what we'd use it for either. I'm guessing it was put there for privacy. We don't need a entry closet.

I. Door should be across from closet. Husband will sleep there when wife is too noisy while she sleeps.

J. Closet seems way too big. Lots of floor space, but seems like an island would impede on getting into bath from hallway door.

K. Should this be a pocket door. No matter what it will be a glass door.

L. Not liking the odd 1ft shape in one bedroom by the closet and 2ft in the other. Plus want the rooms to be similar. Guess could put 1 ft into the bath, but still have the odd shape.

M. Doors shouldn't be there. Large window in kitchen and windows to match on the front

N. Not sure what this is. Just a line for measurements or?

O. This appears to be a wall and do not want a wall there to impede sightlines.

2nd floor

1. No hotplate or sink needed. Not sure why it is there. A dorm fridge might be nice, but we can live without that too. Kitchen is just downstairs.

Site plan

2. Apron goes to the right of the shop so it is not visible from house/driveway.

Also on the site plan it seems like it would be better for the house to follow the treeline, but maybe we are off base on that.

Comments (31)