SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
leonarde83

Can I tuft these obnoxious puffy couch cushions? Or what??

RuthL
3 years ago

Greetings! This McCreary Modern sofa is in fine shape but after 6 months of use we find it has serious cushion drawbacks. The problem is the side pillows are so puffy they take a full 8 inches off the width on each side! All the cushions (side and back) need "making up" every day - I know that's the price you pay for loose cushions but after looking high and low this was the only sofa with dimensions that perfectly fit our space, and my husband loved those soft side pillows where he can rest his arm. But those pillows push so far out, it's like having another person sitting smack up next to you. They're stuffed with a feather/down blend. The back cushions have a 1.8 density foam core wrapped with feathers. I saw a video showing DIY tufting of back couch cushions but I could not find anything on tufting loose side cushions. Can I do that, or would it look weird?

You may notice this sofa is individual units - they're designed to be put together as either a sectional or a sofa. That aspect of it is working fine.

Comments (24)

Sponsored
Kuhns Contracting, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars26 Reviews
Central Ohio's Trusted Home Remodeler Specializing in Kitchens & Baths