SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
amylou321

Festive Floof! Decorating the death shield!

amylou321
3 years ago

Yes, its early.

Indulge me.

I like to plan.

Decoration season is coming up. Most of you know about the display i do every Halloween and Christmas at my job. For the most part, the decorations will remain the same with one exception. The death shield. The plexiglass barrier my employer installed between us and the drivers side. Its huge. Its 8 feet wide, and 4 feet tall, with a small section cut out to exchange paperwork. It is separated (kinda) by a piece of wood in the center, on the counter between the minion desk and that of our supervisor,to stabilize it i imagine. I already have the minion side decorated. I hung pink lights on the perimeter and have a "Giggle of the Day" taped to it. This is just a funny picture or meme to make people smile, many of which have been borrowed from the "smile" threads here, thank you very much. I did not hang lights on my supervisors side, his title lights him up enough.......

So now i have to imagine a fun way to decorate it. There are some requirements though. We still have to be able to see through it for the most part obviously. There are certain required signs up, all of which will be taken down, redone in some fun Halloween or Christmas font, and replaced. I always do lots of lights, but do not want to do so many of them that the projector playing "Its the Great Pumpkin Charlie Brown!" (or whatever Christmas movie is being played) gets washed out. I will likely keep the Giggle of the day up. As I am the only one who puts them up and changes them, i can ensure that they are themed to the holiday i am decorating for. But I want to do something else as well, so i have ordered a few things for Halloween, and am looking for suggestions as well. Anyone have any creative ideas? For Halloween or Christmas!!!! I will post pictures of what i have ordered in the comments.

Comments (17)