SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
publickman

Is it hot where you are?

Lars
3 years ago

We did some gardening this afternoon here in Los Angeles, and the temperature was 71° with a cool breeze, which made working in the yards much easier. Meanwhile, it is 110° in Palm Springs, but I also noticed that it was 100° in Paris and 88° in London, which seems rather hot for there. I watch the weather reports on Deutsche Welle, and I had a hard time believing it was as hot in Paris and London as they reported, but evidently it is true. However, they said it was 64° in Vancouver yesterday, but today Wunderground says it was 74°, and Seattle was 76° - both warmer than at my house in L.A. Even San Francisco was warmer than L.A. at 75°.

I'm going to Palm Springs on Tuesday (I think), but I've been reluctant to leave L.A. this time because I am appreciating the cool weather - plus I have a lot of bromeliads and orchids blooming right now, plus my ginger has begun to bloom. I hate missing out on the flowers when I go to the desert. Yes, there are a lot of Mexican Bird of Paradise in the desert, plus a few other bright desert flowers, but not the variety that I have in my back yard here.

Are you able to work in your gardens at this time?

Comments (272)