SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
thebutcher_gw

Looking for Hot Pepper for Pickling between (1,000-5000 SHU)

thebutcher
11 years ago

Hi All,

Can someone recommend a nice yeilding pickling hot pepper (from seed) with the hotness level a little bit above Pepperoncini?

I love Pepperoncini from Cento and using this as an example. I want to be different when I give away my pickled jars to friends and family. If I handed them Pepperoncini style then the pickled sauce would have to be close.

Below is what I am looking for:
- Bright or unique coloring, yellow, orange ect... (just not green or red) I am growing large red Cherry peppers for the red color.

- a nice kick but not overly hot where you can't finish it. Something a bit hotter then pepperochini, it could also be around the same for better flavor. For example now....(Something from 1,000-5000 SHU.) It could be more but flavor would have to shine.

- Nice flavor of course. Plant size should be around 2-3 ft tall and be able to fit in 3-5 gallon containers.

Plants listed below are the ones that I have already or soon to be ordered.

-I have Caribean Red
-I have Long red Cayenne Red
-I have Large Red Cherry Hot
-I will order Jalapeno (but I will only grow 1 or 2 plants of this). Nothing against Jalapenos but a few of my friends grow them so I want to be different.

Thanks all,

And If you have a great pickling recipe for hot peppers please let me know as well. Also my growing area is Philadelphia.

- Mr Beno

Comments (22)

Sponsored
Frasure Home Improvements
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Franklin County's Highly Skilled General Contractor