Help, please, greatly needed

glenda_al

Can anyone tell me how to completely remove myself from the gardenweb. I've tried signing out, it won't let me and keeps me signed in with an old profile. And when I do go to KT it sends me directly to nicole's today's post.

Talked with my computer service person from what all I've done, has not helped, and he will come this weekend.

No other sites I go to give me any problems, whatsoever.

SaveComment13Like
Comments (13)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

This is the url to use for the kitchen table.

https://www.gardenweb.com/discussions/kitchentable

1 Like Save     Thanked by glenda_al
ravencajun Zone 8b TX

To sign out go to the your houzz icon up in top right corner. Click on it and scroll down to the bottom where it says sign out. Click on it.

glenda_al

I have tried them all. Thanks ravencajun!

Save    
gardengal48 (PNW Z8/9)

If you really want to delete your account, click on the Your Houzz icon (upper right), then the Edit Profiles and Settings option. Under that is an option for Advanced Settings. At the very bottom of that page, next to a green Update button, is a tab that says "deactivate account". Clicking on that will delete your account.

If you decide to go this route, you will need to rejoin under a new screen name in order to post again.

2 Likes Save     Thanked by glenda_al
OklaMoni

You just won't be able to be glenda_al anymore...

tjkeen

You're here now. Why not wait a bit before doing anything more which may end up being worse?

2 Likes Save    
Winter

Glenda...Gardengal's advice is right on. BUT..as you mentioned in another thread...I don't think this has anything to do with your computer. The gremlins have been at it...again. They kept kicking me out of this Gardenweb KT site all last night...trying to direct me to the Houzz KT website. I kept re-entering my Gardenweb bookmarked site...but finally gave up and grabbed my book for better entertainment.

I agree with the recommendations above. Wait a day or two before you decide to delete your account. This too shall pass. And deleting your account might cause more trouble than it's worth right now. I've had no more trouble today so the gremlins finally gave up.

kathyg_in_mi

Winter, That is exactly what was happening to me last night! I have never had that happen before. It was very exasperating. Glad to know it's not just me.

georgysmom2

So sorry you're having all these issues, Glenda. I can remember when I tried to sign in way back when, they kept telling me we already have someone with that user name. Well yeah, that would be me. I couldn't sign in. Finally I became Georgysmom2. It's very frustrating to be sure.

1 Like Save    
glenda_al

Shhhhh, quietly saying that I think it is fixed. How? I do not know!

But I can only login thru Facebook!

2 Likes Save    
maire_cate

About 3 weeks ago I was unable to get on the KT from my laptop but I could from my iPhone and iPad. Even when I typed in the correct GW address it automatically routed me to Houzz - but not the Kitchen Table.

That lasted 3 or 4 days and then one day it magically worked again. So as others have said - maybe wait a couple of days and see what happens.

1 Like Save    
woodrose

Have you tried clearing your browser cache ?

I don't understand why some people have had to change their user name to return to Gardenweb. I've had the same user name and password forever, and never had to change them. Perhaps it has something to do with what device you use to get here ? I'm on a PC and have no problem, except being switched to Houzz occasionally .

Save    
glenda_al

I have done everything suggested, trust me! I am back now, and thanks to those that were thoughtful with offering genuine help!

1 Like Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Ceanothus Pleases With Nectar and Fragrant Blooms
West Coast natives: The blue flowers of drought-tolerant ceanothus draw the eye and help support local wildlife too
Full Story
Gardening Guides Great Design Plant: Silphium Perfoliatum Pleases Wildlife
Cup plant provides structure, cover, food and water to help attract and sustain wildlife in the eastern North American garden
Full Story
Inspiration for some backyard chats
Inspiration for a warm welcome
Inspiration for dinner time under the stars
Inspiration for a little quality time
Inspiration for making that best pizza ever
Step into a Ferguson Showroom and you'll be surrounded by the latest styles in kitchen, bath and lighting design... Read More