SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
happypanda25

Elkay’s circuit chef vs.julien smartstation

happypanda25
3 years ago

Anyone have the julien smart station 5402 or the elkay circuit chef sink? How is the SS quality? Where is the circuit chef made? TIA

Also, looking for a 33’34’ sink with ledge. Neither elkay or julien has this size (inside bowl)..
Thank you!!!

Comments (7)

• eam44
    3 years ago
    last modified: 3 years ago

Hi @happypanda25. If you need such a specific size, and you care about the quality of your stainless steel, consider a custom sink from Rachiele. They use USA sourced 16 gauge marine grade 316L stainless steel, they are truly custom, made in their workshop in FL. They invented the workstation sink.

• PRO
    Joseph Corlett, LLC
    3 years ago

Most undermounted sinks can be turned into "ledge" sinks simply by making the reveal 3/8" or so.

• stillwatergal
    3 years ago

I'm interested in exactly the same question. One spec I haven't been able to find re; the Elkay CC is the corner radius. Do you have that piece of information?

• everpark
    3 years ago

@Stillwatergal, if you look at the spec sheet of the sink it say R 1/4"/6mm. Did you choose a sink? Such a dilemma I'm having. I can't see why the CC is $2000 and their Crosstown is $500 or so.

• HU-426144764
    2 years ago

@stillwatergal hi, is the create good sink that you bought come with a ledge? or do you just put the cutting board over the sink? Has the CGS held up? any scratches? easy to keep corners clean? anything negative about the sink? I am looking for a workstation sink in the 40-48" range without breaking the bank. I was leaning towards the Julien but so many negative comments about the legs of the sink grate damaging the sink. TIA

• stillwatergal
    2 years ago

Hi. I have a 36” CGS but didn’t go with the workstation. Mine is an under mount and I have the in sink grate. Almost no scratching with the grate. I use it with a roll up drying rack I got on Amazon. Some are fine but some are junk. I also got a cutting board from CGS. It’s pretty heavy and quite large. It’s made to sit firmly over a bit more than 1/2 the length of the sink. I use it when I have lots of chopping to do but mostly I use lighter dishwasher safe boards from epicurean. Choices were right for me.