Oh dear, Hilary Mantel...
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (21)
- 6 years ago
Related Discussions
Hollyhock, Hollyhock, Oh Holly, Holly, Holly...
Comments (50)Hi, MeMo. It's so nice to hear from you. This is the first time I've visited this gallery in a few months, and what a surprise it was to see this post right on top and your recent post added to it. I'm always interested to see what hollyhocks I have each year, as they are never the same twice. If they are good, I'll throw another picture up on this thread. Meanwhile, Hollyhock, Hollyhock, Oh Holly, Holly, Holly ... TM...See MoreJoining In With My Summer Mantel
Comments (25)Thanks Kathleen for your comments. I used to leave my Mantel up all year and only change it at Christmas too.. but since joing Holiday... the 'Enablers' have inspired me to change it more often. OA...see what you started? You've fired us up here with talk of your 'Diner Party'.. So >> ' Since You Talked the Talk'.. 'Can You Walk the Walk' ? We'll be waiting! LOL jane...See MoreMantel advice needed
Comments (25)I'm so impressed by the end results of your mantel. I think the touches of red and the stockings are just the right amount of color w/o taking away from the beauty of the overall look.... I went back to see what you meant on how you staggered the stockings...I think they look nice that way. As far as adding something on the left, If you really feel it's necessary... I don't think you'd want to being in anything that would compete with your angel... But if it's something for height perpose.. do you have a tall - white or silver candle holder or perhaps a Glass Hurricane? Your buffet is just beautiful. I love how it's surrounded by those beautiful photos. jane...See Moreoh the 70s...
Comments (7)OMG!! And here I thought that the '70's were long buried and growin' moldy!! How hilarious!! Didn't own any of those things myself - I was a college hippie-type who lived in jeans, Dr. Scholls sandals and whatever top came out on top of the heap in the dryer. H-m-m-m-m...come to think of it, that sorta still describes me....LOL!! Pat...See More- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
- 6 months ago
Related Stories

LIFEOh Yeah, There’s a Snake in the House
A Houzz contributor lives through her worst nightmare and comes out the other side with lessons learned and new footwear
Full Story
HOLIDAYS1 Mantel Done 3 Ways for the Holidays
See how this New York stylist dresses up her mantel with fresh touches for Halloween, Thanksgiving and Christmas
Full Story
HOLIDAYS25 Gorgeous Holiday Mantels by Houzzers
Laden with boughs, lights and even lemons, these decorated fireplace mantels show a festive Christmas spirit and a creative approach
Full Story
HOLIDAYSOh Deer! Antler-Inspired Décor for the Holidays and More
Enjoy the grace and beauty of deer at home — no taxidermy needed
Full Story
HOLIDAYSShow Us Your Holiday Mantel
Wreaths and garlands, sparkling lights and Santas, stockings and mini trees. If you’re displaying it, we want to see it!
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ14 Things You Need to Start Doing Now for Your Spouse’s Sake
You have no idea how annoying your habits at home can be. We’re here to tell you
Full Story
MOST POPULAR5 Ways to Pare Down Your Stuff — Before It Gets in the Door
Want to free up some room around the house? Rethink gift giving, give yourself a shopping mantra and just say, ‘No, thank you’ to freebies
Full Story
FUN HOUZZ10 Things People Really Don’t Want in Their Homes
No love lost over fluorescent lights? No shocker there. But some of these other hated items may surprise you
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDES10 Ways to Update a Victorian Living Room
Bring your period living room sensitively into the 21st century with these simple yet effective design tricks
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSHouzz Tour: Farm Fresh
Updates bring back the bygone charm of a 19th-century Texas farmhouse, while making it work for a family of 6
Full StorySponsored
More Discussions
yoyobon_gw