Humor: So, what's wrong with you?
6 years ago
Featured Answer
Sort by:Oldest
Comments (13)
Related Discussions
What is so wrong with a corner sink?
Comments (20)I do one or two a year. I only ever use a recessed corner sink- the face of the cabinet is set anywhere from 3-5" back from the counter run. I end up with these primarily in smaller kitchens where to solve counter top issues-i.e. longer continuous runs of counter. (Though I am currently working on a huge kitchen with a corner sink at the request of the client and it solves counter/ range hood/ style issue for them.) Being a die hard geek I do the storage/counter calculations- every time I have used one there is a net gain, every time. Just arithmetic. Downsides -counters always cost more - you must put a cabinet between the sink and the dishwasher to get sufficient clearance with DW door open. -It can be difficult to also move the trash away from the sink cabinet but with proper dishwasher placement it isn't a problem. I have never, and likely won't, put in a simple diagonal corner cabinet for the sink.The recessed cabinet-gains enough floor space and clearance to the make it easier to get DW and trash to work AND you can fit a wider sink for the same wall space, while not having so far to reach into the upper cabinet. As to having two people access it at the same time well you can't. In my own kitchen we have a single sink set on a straight run and if both of us tried to access the sink very often one of us would be maimed by now :) IF double access to a sink was a parameter I'd be using a 45" wide sink....See MoreSo what went wrong with this ipe deck?
Comments (2)You have pretty much anwsenerd your own questions. With all of the above being true there is no need for further torking down the fasteners. J....See More(Humorous) So in your opinion, who is right???
Comments (17)Here's a perspective from someone who ran into the plate pretty regularly: "I pass his car on my way to work almost every day. As someone who has experienced sexual assault, it was jarring to me. My past experiences are my own, and I don't expect the world to accommodate me, but to be honest, seeing that plate, with no context, bothered me enough that if I saw his car in the lot at the Tim Hortons he frequents, I walked in a way that I didn't have to see his plate. I noticed in January that it had been changed, and frankly, was pleased with that. I'm sorry this guy is upset about this, but his name would be interpreted by 99% of the population as a phrase that is unacceptable in our society without the context of this article. My mornings are improved that I don't have to see his plate every morning. I want to make it clear I did not complain about his plate. I'm not sad that I don't have to look at it anymore either. He can say it never bothered anyone, but I'm sure I'm not the only person who saw it parked somewhere and didn't bother to track down the owner for an explanation."...See MoreWhat is humorous to you?
Comments (43)Annpan, I thought of you again while I've been reading (rereading actually) The Brontes Went to Woolworth's by Rachel Ferguson. I'm not sure why I associate it with you, unless you have mentioned it as being one of your favorites. Is it? The Carne sisters -- Deirdre, Katrine, and Sheil (the last 'just out of the nursery') -- have invented a role-playing game. They, along with their mother, are interested in the theatre (Katrine is attending drama school). They choose a well-known person and proceed to imagine what that person's personal life is like. This goes on for a good while. Apparently this was similar to ways the real-life Bronte sisters liked to amuse themselves, something they did even as adults. Eventually however, Deirdre actually is introduced to the man whose life they have been embellishing so imaginatively -- and he agrees to be a Carne family friend! Was he, could he be, as interesting as the Carne sisters had made him? This 1931 book is good, gentle fun of the type that I'm not certain is written anymore. I smile a lot while reading it!...See More- 6 years ago
- 6 years agolast modified: 6 years ago
Related Stories

DECORATING GUIDESPlayful Decor to Put a Home in Good Humor
Something's funny around here. These cheeky decor, art and architectural elements can't help but bring a smile
Full Story
ECLECTIC HOMESHouzz Tour: Sophistication and Humor Go Hand in Hand
Collected treasures combine with retail finds in a 19th-century Canadian home packed with whimsy and charm
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Humor and Kitsch Meet Midcentury Modern
Candy-colored accents set off clean lines and mod furnishings in this playful, approachable home for a Texas family
Full Story
HOUZZ TOURSMy Houzz: Humor Lightens Up Midcentury Style in Dallas
A clutter-free decorating philosophy gets a youthful update with bright colors, quirky art and Pac-Man
Full Story
HOUSEKEEPING7 Chores You May Be Doing Wrong
Find out the best way to clean glass and change a duvet cover — and why you should remember to look up
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESWhy Marble Might Be Wrong for Your Bathroom
You love its beauty and instant high-quality appeal, but bathroom marble has its drawbacks. Here's what to know before you buy
Full Story
PETSSo You Want to Get a Cat
If you're a cat lover, the joys outweigh any other issue. If you haven't lived with one yet, here are a few things to know
Full Story
PETSSo You're Thinking About Getting a Dog
Prepare yourself for the realities of training, cost and the impact that lovable pooch might have on your house
Full Story
REMODELING GUIDESSo You Want to Build: 7 Steps to Creating a New Home
Get the house you envision — and even enjoy the process — by following this architect's guide to building a new home
Full Story
DECORATING GUIDESNo Neutral Ground? Why the Color Camps Are So Opinionated
Can't we all just get along when it comes to color versus neutrals?
Full Story
socks