SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
melissa_cunningham44

Long Narrow family room-Help!-updated with after picture

Melissa c
3 years ago
last modified: 3 years ago

I would appreciate some feedback as I am seriously struggling with my bowling alley family room that connects with my kitchen. The space dimensions are below, but it is basically 15 x 11 wide. I would love to put a fireplace at the end with built in's but do not think it can support that due to the bump out with a chimney pipe (18x24inches). I think I would just need to build out the wall and have a flush fireplace, that seems a little boring and I would like storage.

Second more feasible option is to somehow do better furniture placement as I am not married to the idea of the fireplace if just moving furniture around could make it look better. My sofa is 88 inches, I have two swivel chairs on order coming 30x35dx34h. I am fine getting rid of anything else in the room if people have ideas( the chairs were a temporary thing that are going soon). I was considering trying to move the sofa to the window wall, getting a larger tv stand to fill the wall? There is empty space between the kitchen and where this starts, I just feel it is so cold and weird shaped. I do understand i have a small tv that does not help, i hate that it is the focal point, but this is a room where my son and I watch tv so it has to be family friendly.

Comments (11)