SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
drsaj

Choosing a Designer for a Master Bath Remodel

drsaj
3 years ago

I'm planning a full master bath remodel and need some advice. I called and spoke with one local NKBA designer by phone today who works independently of any particular company. She followed up by sending me her resume and the following description of her services. She offered to come and do an initial consultation free of charge. I'm waiting for another local NKBA designer to return my call, but in the meantime, is this the scope of service I should expect? She charges $50/hr for anything outside of this. Is there anything I should ask for or expect besides what she outlines here:

The Design fee that I have for a bathroom project is a flat fee based on the following scope of work: Floor plan of bathroom & cabinet design both with a full set of CAD drawings. Sketch of tile design by hand (not to scale) . Create (3) Binders for the project provided for you, jobsite shared copy, and the General contractor. Pre-construction meeting to look at all products when they have been delivered and unwrapped before demolition with all parties present. Also a mid-point review with client and designer only. *Sometimes a separate meeting w/designer and tile installer before that piece of work.  

The cost of services is $1,000.00. The cost of the Bathroom floorplan with drawings is $200.00 which is the first part of the design work and included in total job cost.

I hope to meet you face to face and I will follow up soon with photos of previous work.

Comments (4)