SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
danielle_ticoulatbowers

Interior wall, kitchen cabinet, and brick fireplace color change

Danielle Smith
3 years ago

We recently purchased our first home and we are planning on painting the interior before moving in. It's an open concept with Canadian maple (light) floors, dark brown wood kitchen cabinets, black/ tan/white granite countertops, beige backsplash and traditional brick color fireplace. Unfortunately we aren't able to change the granite color at this time. I'd love any input with the following decisions:

- I think SW Alabaster for the walls but wondering which color white for the trim? I want to make the space look bigger. A warm white is best.

- Should the brick fireplace also be painted alabaster or something for contrast/ to match the kitchen cabinets? Suggestions?

- I think white for the kitchen cabinets is overkill so looking for a warm light grey/ taupe – any SW color recommendations/ compatible with Alabaster? Or is white better to deal with the black countertops?

- If we were to have the backsplash repainted any color suggestions there?

- We are having the floors refinished and they can be slightly whitewashed – better to keep the natural Canadian maple or make lighter?

Thank you in advance!

-Danielle

Comments (17)