Grant Imahara, Myth busters host, dead at 49

Texas_Gem

I am so saddened to see that Grant Imahara passed away suddenly from a brain aneurysm.
Anyone else here ever watch Mythbusters and remember him?

SaveComment11Like
Comments (11)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Annie Deighnaugh

Oh so sorry...he was a lot of fun and very bright. Seems we are losing so many now.

Save     Thanked by Texas_Gem
adellabedella_usa

So sad. We loved that show and all the people on it. He was a good sport and an inspiration to so many kids.

nickel_kg

That was a great show -- inspired actual thinking about how stuff works. And occasionally blowing stuff up :-)

RIP Grant, so many of us will miss you.

1 Like Save     Thanked by Texas_Gem
Uptown Gal

We loved both of those shows...started with the original and then of his

group. What a terrible shame...for such young man and such a problem

solving mind. RIP Grant..you gave us fun and education too.

Fun2BHere

Hard to imagine that he was 49. I will always think of him as a very young man. I'm sorry to hear that he died.

Elmer J Fudd

I never watched regularly but I liked the two original guys. I was surprised to learn of the enmity between them, it was well hidden onscreen.

I must have stopped watching by the time this fellow came along but it's too young for anyone to die. It's sad for him and his friends and family.

Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)

Really sad. We never missed an episode. And of course tried some of the things (Mentos in coke for example) with our girls after :)

colleenoz

Grant was always one of my favourite Mythbusters, so knowledgeable of science and good at making it fun. I was very sorry to hear he has unexpectedly passed away.

bragu_DSM 5

very sad. Really enjoyed him. He worked with Disney and they were going to use his work ...

On June 29, 2018, Disney revealed that the Stickman prototype had evolved into an innovative, autonomous, self-correcting, acrobatic style of audio-animatronic figure, named Stuntronics, which will be utilized within Disney theme parks throughout the world.[27]

katlan

What a sad, sudden loss for his family and friends. God bless his soul.

tami_ohio

Sad. I liked seeing him on Myth Busters

Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Gardening Guides Garden Myths to Debunk as You Dig This Fall and Rest Over Winter
Termites hate wood mulch, don’t amend soil for trees, avoid gravel in planters — and more nuggets of garden wisdom
Full Story
Most Popular Houzz Tour: Going Off the Grid in 140 Square Feet
WIth $40,000 and a vision of living more simply, a California designer builds her ‘forever’ home — a tiny house on wheels
Full Story
Decluttering 10 Decluttering Projects You Can Do in 15 Minutes or Less
Try these ideas to get organized at home one small step at a time
Full Story
Precision Home Solutions specializes in remodeled bath and kitchens, finished basements/bars. We keep your budget... Read More
Craftsman Construction is a luxury custom home builder and remodeler. Our company focuses on luxury residential... Read More