SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
texas_gem

Grant Imahara, Myth busters host, dead at 49

Texas_Gem
3 years ago

I am so saddened to see that Grant Imahara passed away suddenly from a brain aneurysm.
Anyone else here ever watch Mythbusters and remember him?

Comments (11)

• Annie Deighnaugh
    3 years ago

Oh so sorry...he was a lot of fun and very bright. Seems we are losing so many now.

Texas_Gem thanked Annie Deighnaugh
  • Adella Bedella
    3 years ago

So sad. We loved that show and all the people on it. He was a good sport and an inspiration to so many kids.

Texas_Gem thanked Adella Bedella
  • Uptown Gal
    3 years ago

We loved both of those shows...started with the original and then of his

group. What a terrible shame...for such young man and such a problem

solving mind. RIP Grant..you gave us fun and education too.

Texas_Gem thanked Uptown Gal
  • Fun2BHere
    3 years ago

Hard to imagine that he was 49. I will always think of him as a very young man. I'm sorry to hear that he died.

Texas_Gem thanked Fun2BHere
  • Elmer J Fudd
    3 years ago

I never watched regularly but I liked the two original guys. I was surprised to learn of the enmity between them, it was well hidden onscreen.

I must have stopped watching by the time this fellow came along but it's too young for anyone to die. It's sad for him and his friends and family.

Texas_Gem thanked Elmer J Fudd
  • Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
    3 years ago

Really sad. We never missed an episode. And of course tried some of the things (Mentos in coke for example) with our girls after :)

Texas_Gem thanked Iris S (SC, Zone 7b)
  • colleenoz
    3 years ago

Grant was always one of my favourite Mythbusters, so knowledgeable of science and good at making it fun. I was very sorry to hear he has unexpectedly passed away.

Texas_Gem thanked colleenoz
  • bragu_DSM 5
    3 years ago

very sad. Really enjoyed him. He worked with Disney and they were going to use his work ...

On June 29, 2018, Disney revealed that the Stickman prototype had evolved into an innovative, autonomous, self-correcting, acrobatic style of audio-animatronic figure, named Stuntronics, which will be utilized within Disney theme parks throughout the world.[27]

Texas_Gem thanked bragu_DSM 5
  • katlan
    3 years ago

What a sad, sudden loss for his family and friends. God bless his soul.

Texas_Gem thanked katlan
  • tami_ohio
    3 years ago

Sad. I liked seeing him on Myth Busters

Texas_Gem thanked tami_ohio