Monday Morning Anxiety

Michael

Early today, my granddaughter will begin a 5 day admission at Children's Hospital for an extensive work up of her epilepsy which will include continuous EEG and a sedated PET scan. The purpose of this monitoring is to collect as much data as possible to determine if she is a candidate for alternative treatment or surgical intervention to bring her relief from her epilepsy.

The goal is to capture several seizures while hooked up to EEG, and pinpoint precisely where in her brain they are happening. In order to induce her seizures, they will stop all seizure medications (Keppra).

For safety, she will have an IV placed should rescue medications be needed. Going into status epilepticus is real concern and danger.

On Friday, she will receive general anesthesia again, but this time for a PET scan. If all goes well, she should be discharged to home on Friday afternoon.

I will take any and all positive thinking and goodwill that you wish to offer.

Update in 5 days.

SaveComment54Like2
Comments (54)
Thank you for reporting this comment. Undo
Uptown Gal

I will keep her and all of you in my good thoughts and a prayer for great, great

success. I am so sorry she has to deal with this. Sending you a special hug.

Save    
OklaMoni

Hoping they can help her.

Save    
Lucille

You and your grand daughter are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope her stay is safe and uneventful, and that the information sought is forthcoming and leads to better health for her.

Save    
Summer

Best wishes for a successful outcome.

Save    
aok27502

Healing thoughts for your granddaughter, your family, and her medical team. I hope they can find a solution.

Save    
Annie Deighnaugh

Sending courage, strength, patience, good health and comfort to her, you and your whole family. Stay strong.

Save    
Zalco/bring back Sophie!

Wishing the best for your granddaughter. May her doctors find a safe and effective treatment for her. May you and your family have a measure of peace during this most stressful week.

Save    
nickel_kg

Sounds like your granddaughter will be in safe, caring, careful hands. Sending good thoughts and prayers for a positive outcome for granddaughter, and calmness for you and her family during this week.

Save    
eld6161

Know that the wagons are circling around you and your family.

Sending positive thoughts, energy and hugs to you.

Save    
Alisande

You got it, Michael. Please keep us updated.

Save    
daisychain01

Sending wishes for the most positive outcome possible.

Save    
dedtired

I‘ll keep her in my thoughts. I hope this leads you to an answer for her problem. Be sure to let us know. ❤️

Save    
arcy_gw

🙏🙏🙏🙏

Save    
pudgeder

🙏🙏Prayers for positive outcomes!🙏🙏

Save    
lindaohnowga

Prayer just said for your granddaughter and her doctors.

Save    
phyllis__mn

Caring thoughts going out to your granddaughter and to all of her family.

Save    
Rusty

Prayers going up for your granddaughter, her doctors, and the whole family. May God grant you all the strength and peace needed through this trying time.

Rusty

Save    
glenda_al

Caring thoughts your way!

Save    
Mystical Manns

All my best thoughts and prayers for the medical team, you, your granddaughter and all who love and care for her.

Save    
graywings123

I can imagine your anxiety. Sending good thoughts your way.

Save    
terilyn

Wishing her only the best.

Save    
murraysmom Zone 6a OH

Sending prayers for her and your whole family for great doctors to find a good outcome.

Save    
Annegriet

Sending positive vibes your way.

Save    
DawnInCal

Best wishes that all goes well and that your granddaughter's medical team is able to find a way to help her.

Save    
Elmer J Fudd

How sad for this young girl and her family. Best wishes for a good outcome.

Save    
Fun2BHere

Hope all goes smoothly with a good outcome.

Save    
socks

You and your family must be terribly anxious and your hearts aching for a child to have such a serious medical condition. It's just fantastic she is getting top-notch, cutting-edge care at Children's. Sincere best wishes to you all.

I hope the virus isn't keeping someone in the family from being with her. We had that experience recently, and it's tough not to be with a loved one during a health issue.

Save    
chisue

Oh, darling child! Five days. General anesthesia. Will a parent stay with her? (Our hospitals are now allowing visitors for the first time since Covid.)

I suspect she will be dealing with the pricks and the 'stickers' and whole process more easily than the grown-ups.

Have courage. All will be well. I hope all will be even *better* than well!

Save    
lisa_fla

How scary for everyone. I hope the doctors get answers and come up with a plan to improve her life. It sounds like she is in good hands. We will all be thinking of her this week.

Save    
katlan

Good Lord I can't even imagine what she, you and her parents are going thru. I will pray for your sweet baby every single day. I hope they can help her. God bless that sweet baby.

Save    
woodrose

Prayers for your Granddaughter to have a safe hospital stay and a positive outcome for the tests. Prayers also for the family and the medical staff.

Save    
OutsidePlaying

How stressful this must be for you and your family. Prayers for your sweet granddaughter for successful tests and a positive outcome.

Save    
Lukki Irish

What a brave little girl, as a parent or grandparent, I can only imagine how difficult this has been for everyone. I hope everything goes well and they’re able to help find her relief. I’m continuously amazed at what our heros in medicine are able to accomplish.

Save    
Lindsey_CA

Lots of healing thoughts sent to your granddaughter!

Save    
chloebud

Sending strong, positive thoughts to your family, Michael. She's in good hands. We'll be waiting for that update.

Save    
mama goose_gw zn6OH

Good thoughts and best wishes to your granddaughter and your family, Michael. One of my DDs has had out-patient surgery at Children's several times. Stay strong.

Save    
Ninapearl

wishing the very best outcome for your grandbaby and the whole family. my 3 year old grandson had to have his tonsils out a few months ago, i was frantic so i cannot even begin to imagine how you are feeling. prayers for good news!!

Save    
georgysmom2

Looking forward to a positive update!

Save    
Cherryfizz

I can imagine how worried you are. Keeping your Granddaughter in my prayers

Save    
yeonassky

Sending positive thoughts your way for your granddaughter. Hoping for the best outcome for her. It sounds as if they are going about everything correctly. Sending good thoughts to her medical team as well.

Save    
hounds_x_two

So sorry for this very concerning time. Sending prayers and positive thoughts.

Save    
kathyg_in_mi

Sending prayers, good thoughts and more prayers. It's going to be a long week for you. Will keep your whole family in my prayers.

Save    
ladypat1

What a thing for you all to go through. A prayer every day for your family. Sending positive thoughts also.

Save    
shecar2

Sending positive thoughts and prayers to your granddaughter and your family for the best outcome possible.

Save    
carabubble

Thoughts and prayers for your granddaughter and your family.

Save    
sleeperblues

Praying for answers!

Save    
nicole___

I just saw your post. Hope I'm not to late to join in. Sending positive energy and prayers.

Save    
Yayagal

I'm praying for her. Dear Lord, we implore you to guide our child to safety and good health and complete healing. Amen.

Save    
cran

Sending positive vibes to you and your family for a successful outcome for this very brave little girl.

Save    
raee_gw zone 5b-6a Ohio

Ditto the good wishes. I do hope that someone in the family can be with her continuously! I fully expect that the hospital has someone remotely monitoring the EEG continuously, and I have every confidence the staff will respond promptly if she does have a seizure.

Save    
chisue

Hoping to hear good news, Michael!

Save    
blfenton

Michael - How is your granddaughter doing? I hope all went well.

1 Like Save    
OutsidePlaying

Michael, hope your granddaughter is doing well. Did she get to go home yet? We all hope to hear good news.

Save    
Lukki Irish

I’m bumping this with hopes that Michael will respond. It’s been 2 weeks I sure hope his granddaughter is ok.

Save    
Browse Gardening and Landscaping Stories on Houzz See all Stories
Life Late Again? Eliminate the Things Holding You Up in the Morning
If you find yourself constantly running late for appointments, work and get-togethers, these tips could help
Full Story
Feel-Good Home Simple Pleasures: Rise and Shine!
Do these things to wake up on the right side of the bed (even on Mondays)
Full Story
Bedrooms 5 Tips to Wake Up Faster and More Happily
Shine when you rise even if you're not a morning person with these strategies to banish the brain fuzz
Full Story