SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
webuser_822871933

Gutter + Soffit + Fascia Color for Century Home?

Amanda Speva
3 years ago

I need new gutters, soffit and fascia for my 100 year old Victorian 2 flat that I’ve owned for 1.5 years in Chicago. The outdoor aesthetic is important to me and I don’t want to screw it up. Which color do you think is the best for gutters, soffit and fascia? (Yes my brick and siding needs cleaning / is a multi-colored brain puzzle...) Also all of these elements will be aluminum seamless gutters, soffit, fascia which I’m hoping won’t completely ruin or downgrade the building’s look. I’m into maintaining the historic charm with thoughtful, modern updates.

Additionally, I’ll be updating the storm windows. Popular opinion is that Larson storms from Menards are great, but they only come in: white, dark brown, beige and a light gray called sandstone. So limited colors. I can consult a dealer for Provia storms, who seem to have a wider range of colors, but I’m unsure of the quality of the Provia storms versus the solid reviews of the Larson. In short, any advice appreciated here! And, can I paint the white storms successfully to be an exact match to the gutters?

My ideal vision for the storms and gutters is for a darker, sophisticated gray with very subtle blue tones, but that option has yet to be found. Maybe I should reach out to other gutter companies to see what’s out there. Anyhoo, any and all ideas appreciated and thank you in advance!

Comments (4)