SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
secsteve

Cleaning Crew Strikes Out

secsteve
3 years ago

Know it's been a while since I've posted. So here's the latest.

“During this trying time we want to reassure our clients that keeping you safe while keeping your home clean is our top priority. Starting with your next cleaning not only will our crews be wearing masks, but gloves as well. This is our commitment to you.”

This was the latest notice from our former cleaning crew, which we notified that Wednesday, the 8th was the last time we’d be using them for the following reasons.

I’ve made it clear on more then one occasion we need advanced notice because of the dogs. Have we gotten it? Nope, call from the driveway saying, “We’re here.” This time made them wait till we got the dog’s settle. Didn't notice until they came downstairs that they weren't wearing gloves. When I mentioned it they quick scrambled to find them and put them on. I managed to keep my temper, but wanted to throw them out then and there. I did go back up and sanitized the areas I knew they'd been.

They unplug things to use the socket for their vacuums that need to be left in to recharge and don’t plug them back in. We have numerous lower wall sockets, so can’t understand the need to use those on the counter.

This crew was trying to establish themselves here in our county, so Geo and I were willing to try them. Especially since he was having shoulder replacement surgery and wouldn’t be able to help out like he usually does. The first two cleanings went well, but downhill after that. One would think they’d be eager to keep our business and get a recommendation. Got the impression from the person I spoke to that didn’t matter to them one way or another.

There was a lot more that they failed to do or not at all. Each time I’ve called and notified the area manager. Suffice to say, this will be the last cleaning crew we hire. Seems none of them can follow simple requests/instructions.

Comments (33)