SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
lah112056

Need Kitchen Remodeling Opinions

Lisa
3 years ago

We are remodeling a kitchen for re-sale because all 7 bathrooms in the home have been gutted and remodeled. It’s not a very large kitchen for the size of the home, 7500 sq ft. The kitchen is 15’ 7” wide and 10’ 9” deep. The island protrudes further out. We are keeping the existing appliances which are relatively new and only used 1 year. We are keeping the 36” KitchenAid built in, probably in its same space on the left wall. The cooktop is on the back wall. We are either going to do a 36” induction cooktop with a built in oven underneath or an induction range. That back wall is filled with plumbing and HVAC so we can’t put proper ventilation in for a gas range. Also on the left wall will be the already owned bank of microwave, oven, and warming drawer. The island is what I’m struggling with. Size and configuration. Everyone coming in hates the current island. They all want to see a straight island. Yes, I’ve been to 5 different kitchen designers all with their own complete opinions. Sadly, the island angle gives a much nicer view when standing at the sink than it will when straightening out the island. Everyone wants seating at the island, but do I line it up in a row where some will be inside the kitchen work area? Do I put two on the complete end and two adjacent so everyone is outside the work area? I don’t know what the majority of people will want. I have lots of pictures.

Comments (21)