SHOP PRODUCTS
Houzz Logo Print
phillykev

Need opinions on choices for kitchen remodel.

phillykev
13 years ago

I have no design sense or ability to coordinate colors. I wish there were adult garanimals. So I'm hoping for feedback on my choices for kitchen remodel. Really appreciate any and all suggestions or opinions.

It's a smallish kitchen, 10x9 u shape with one side being a tiered peninsula separating the kitchen and living room with bar height seating on the living room side. The peninsula will be our primary eating area as this is a small row home and there is no dining room.

Our cabinets are on order in natural maple. Appliances will be stainless steel. The floor is a 12x12 slightly reddish/maroon brown. We've selected a slab of paradiso granite for the countertops.

We're considering a tumbled noce travertine 4x4 tile on the diagonal for the backsplash with a few rows of 1x1 just above the counter before starting with the larger tile.

Anything jump out as out of place or not coordinating? Opinions on that backsplash? I'm thinking a neutral grout that fades into the background as opposed to something that stands out.

Also, any thoughts on using a different material for the bar height portion of the peninsula instead of continuing the granite up there? I was thinking maybe maple butcher block to match the cabinets, save some money, and have something more neutral than the paradiso sticking into the living room.

Thoughts on the color or finish for cabinet pulls?

If we do the angled backsplash should the floor tile also be angled, or squared to the cabinets?

Thank you for any response, even if it's just a "sounds good" as I have no idea if I've come up with a decent plan or a complete mess of a design.

Comments (17)